Molybdenum and Tungsten Plate, Sheet and Foil Rolling Facility
- Implemented LeanOps™ Production Reporting Database for identifying equipment utilizations, employee evaluations and tracking production rates.
- Provided cost justifications for equipment upgrades, building expansions and process enhancements.
- Created a plant capacity model for identifying bottlenecks.
- Identified 24 action items to reduce delivery lead times by 65% on a new product line.
Push-Pull Pickle Line – Purchase Acceptance Analysis
- Performed a capacity analysis and the final purchase acceptance test of a multi-million dollar, rolled steel, Push-Pull Pickling line.
Machining – High Purity Compressed Gas Fitting & Valves
– Compressed gas equipment manufacturer.
- Calculated cutting speeds, designed cutting tools and defined set-up requirements for multi-spindle screw machines
- Implemented Productivity Reporting Program (PRP) into two machining facilities for determining plant capacities, labor efficiency analysis, scrap logging and WIP inventory tracking for stainless steel valves and fittings.
Compressed Gas Fittings & Valves – Machining, Assembling & Testing Operations
- Implemented leveled scheduling with new assembly cell layouts for continuous flow processing utilizing Kanban cards to increase production 15% and minimizing WIP inventory.
- Installed bar coding for finished product inventory tracking.
- Created assembly cells based on product families with line balancing to maximize throughput.
- Created and managed the Research & Development Department which included lab equipment selection, layout design, technician training, construction and product testing documentation. designed, fabricated, installed and supported Cryogenic Oxygen Pumping Systems for the home health care industry.