- In business for 15 years
- Small size for personal relationships
- Data driven results
- Repeat Customers
- Shop floor experience
About Productivity Solutions
Productivity Solutions provides cost-effective industrial operations consulting, design and training services to both large and small clients. Our strength lies with quantifying operational costs, developing solutions, implementing, tracking and educating your employees how to improve your processes.
We apply a variety of process improvement techniques to increase your return on capital, productivity, reduce operational costs and develop strategic plans to give you the competitive advantage. We will work with you to select, execute, analyze, implement and educate your staff in the use of these process improvement tools.
Productivity Solutions, previously known as Perrego & Associates LLC has been providing process improvement solutions to large, medium and small companies for the last 15 years. Tom Perrego founded Productivity Solutions after working on the shop floor as an industrial, manufacturing and applications engineer for eight years. Creating routings, BOMs, writing and implementing procedures, supervising engineers, improving processes, performing facility layouts, etc. He understands the challenges manufacturers have with change management and training new skills to be competitive.
Four years at a medium sized Architectural & Engineering prior to starting out on his own provided exposure to multiple Fortune 500 companies which. After starting on his own, one of the Fortune 500 companies continued to hire his services for 8 more years on a multiple of projects in multiple countries. A project at a local company then retained Productivity Solutions services for another 5 years on various projects. These repeat customers have limited Productivity Solutions need to market themselves to new customers.
Productivity Solutions is a small firm that hires additional personnel when required. Our focus is on quality rather than quantity. We now focus on the North East Ohio region to minimize travel due to a recently marriage that gratefully has generated two beautiful healthy twin girls. We are now committed to building continuous relationships with local companies to improve their processes through onetime projects and / or assisting with maintaining their day-to-day operations.
Training is our passion. Let us help you build a Lean culture!
- To provide the best methods, process assessment tools, design solutions and training in the global economy to produce a competitive advantage.
- To develop mutually enhancing partnerships based on integrity, competence, quality and service.
About The Founder
Professional career reflects over 23 years experience providing project management and operational cost reduction solutions for manufacturers, architect & engineering firms. Provided value-added services to well known companies including Corning Glass, ALCOA Aluminum, Eveready Battery, AK Steel, GM, Ford, Tenneco Packaging, Eveready Battery and Swagelok & Crawford Fittings
- M.S., B.S, Industrial Engineering, Alfred University, Alfred, New York. 1986-91
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lorain County Community College, Lorain, Ohio, 2008
- “The Perrego Algorithm – A Flexible Machine Component Grouping Algorithm Based on Group Technology Techniques” International Journal of Production Research, England, UK, 1995.
- “Cellular Manufacturing – Can It Help You?” Journal of Applied Manufacturing Systems, 1992.