Automotive Engine Assembly Facility
- Workstation engineer on a multi-million dollar new engine launch team.
- Responsible for ensuring that each of the new 30 manual workstations adhered to Ford’s 54 Workstation Readiness criteria categorized under Safety, Ergonomics, Error Proofing, IT – Systems, Process – Standardized Work, Tooling & Equipment & Material Flow.
- Created manual workstation layouts and visual aids for training.
- Simulated and designed the staffing model, who when and where, 13 additional operators / shift were required for processing different engine models.
- Power train engineer that reduced labor by loading material line side instead of in a kit with line balancing using MODAPTs, workstation layouts. Gathered consolidated and reported daily quality matrices to management.
Automotive Stamping & Welding Facilities
- Performed cycle time improvement analysis on highly automated robotic welding cells. Prepared several material handling bid specifications for capital expenditure justifications and provided process improvement recommendations.
- Assisted in preparing their 1997 North American Stamping Business Plan and presentation, which identified the capital improvements and associated benefits for the next 5 years.
- Processed several appropriation requests.
Teir 1: Blanking, Slitting and Coil Distribution Center
- Performed a due diligence assessment of the facility capacity, storage requirements, operating costs, and manning allocation for a lending institution prior to the requested $80 million construction.
Tier 1: Stamping, Welding & E-Coating Company
Automotive Tier 1 stamping, welding and coating manufacturer.
- Reduced labor and material handling costs by implementing a Kanban and kitting system to replenish the welding facility from the stamping facility. This required several facility layouts, inventory analysis, training and material handling equipment selection.
- Designed, trained and implemented a labor reporting procedure at the Stamping facility to identify and track process improvements.
- Created a company wide capacity model for 15 presses, 24 welding cells, an E-coat paint line and 13 inspection labeling stations for Northern’s corporate company to distinguish open capacity for bidding on new jobs.
Automotive Cold Box & Engine Head Casting Facility
Automotive engine casting facility.
- Identified material handling deficiencies of a $6 million automated sand casting staging equipment prior to implementation.