Our team at Productivity Solutions is familiar with identifying opportunities for reducing inventory carrying costs without starving operations.
Just-In-Time and Kanban replenishment systems are two techniques that can be utilized in this area.
- Reduced Inventory Carrying Costs
- Improved Product Quality
Projection TV Lens Manufacturer
– Manufactures and assembles several million lens assemblies annually from glass blanks, injection molded lenses and components.
- Reduced annual inventory carrying costs $140,000 and annual operating costs $90,000 by implementing just-in-time techniques.
- Trained personal how to identify proper reorder points and WIP inventory levels.
Compressed Gas Equipment Manufacturer
– Machines, assembles, tests and packages medical, welding, manifold and compressed gas fitting assemblies.
- Implemented leveled scheduling with new assembly cell layouts for continuous flow processing utilizing Kanban cards to improve production efficiency 15%.
- Reduced Work-In-Process (WIP) inventory 10% for several product lines.