Base Stock Supplier to the Restaurant Industry
– Restaurant supplier of base stock pastes. Three month project.
- Achieved 10% efficiencies utilizing work load balancing. Identified an additional 15% of improvements.
- Created a cycle time calculator for over 100 different materials to update routings and improve scheduling.
- Documented set-up times for future analysis.
Pet Food – Extruding, Drying & Packaging Operations
– Dog Food Manufacturer.
- Designed new bagging operations and equipment requirements to eliminate the need for $6 million of work-in-process silos and conveyors.
- Performed capacity and scheduling calculations using digital simulation and Excel software.
- Identified proper buffer storage sizing for 5 automated bagging and palletizing lines.
Snack Food Manufacturer
- Provided recommendations for increasing throughput 15%. Included reviewing oven speeds, mixing times and packaging operations.
PVC and Acrylic Powder Processing Plant
- Performed a staffing reduction project that identified non-capital proposals, capital projects and combined proposals.
- Performed assessment, training and documentation of current tasks, resource loading with Gantt Charts.
- Evaluated the operational cost impact of several different staffing calculations and recommendations with management.
Chemical Mixing, Blending and Packaging Compan
- Performed a 3 Phase site expansion feasibility study.
- Created several site and facility layouts for revision and updating.
- Calculated manpower savings from a consolidated barrel filling operation.
- Generated material handling costs for a $30 million, 3 line automatic 55 gallon filling stations.
- Provided project management meetings, presentations within budget.