TV LCD Glass Melting and Finishing Process
- Performed material handling calculations and storage requirements for two multi-million dollar expansions.
- Identified capital cost reductions of $25 million and annual operating cost reductions of $750,000.
- Created equipment and lift truck capacity models for assisting expansion decisions.
- Created digital simulation model with ProModel® software of a new fabrication line to identify equipment MTBF, MTTR requirements and help identify bottleneck operations.
- Created world wide manufacturing capacity model to determine manufacturing constraints for different market demands.
Fiber Optics Coating and Cabling Process
– Colors, tubes, bundles and jackets fiber optic cables for the telecommunication industry.
- Identified preferred product mix variations to load balance present equipment configurations using ProModel computer simulation capacity models interfaced with Excel spreadsheets.
- Provided an operational procedure and trained personnel on the use of these 2 softwares.
LCD Worldwide Capacity Model
– Manufacturer of Liquid Crystal Glass panels for the flat screen industry.
- Created a World Wide Capacity and Capability model to predict the net square meters of glass from each processing line to balance market demand with factory capacity. Similar to Sim City game. Time studied every piece of equipment in all of the Japan and Taiwan lines to be able to build lines with minimal bottlenecks.
- Corporate manufacturing VP loaded forecast of SKU numbers into plants to determine what addition size lines or new plants were required to meet demand.
Automotive , Deisel and Smokestack Catalytic Converter Process
– Catalytic converter manufactures for automotive, diesel and smokestack emissions.
- Provided high, medium and low capital cost improvement projects to minimize material handling costs, shorten process cycle times while maintaining safety.
- Provided building expansion costs for several layout options.
Exterior Fiberglass Panel Manufacturing Process for RV Industry
– Manufacturer of fiberglass exterior panels for the recreation vehicle (RV) industry.
- Designed facility layout and capacity analysis of a $14 million building expansion to double production.
- Performed capacity calculations to specify material handling equipment requirements.
- Provided data collection procedures, production target tables and operator utilization calculations for analyzing and identifying process improvements.
- Provided recommendations for increasing the existing facility’s capacity 25%.
Glass Lens Manufacturing Process for Microchip Etching Lasers
– Manufacturer of glass blanks for microchip etching lasers.
- Performed several capacity, Wareflow/inventory analysis for determining the required Work-In-Process (WIP) rack size and locations for the processing of HPFS glass boules.
- Created several department layouts using work cells.
Acrylic Backlighting Manufacturer
- Identified and implemented process improvements with new facility layouts, fixture improvements and training for the assembly of acrylic fiber optic backlights.
- Updated and streamlined product routings, drawings and procedures per ISO-9000 requirements for the assembly of acrylic fiber optic cable assemblies.
Projection TV Lens Fabrication Facility
– Manufactures and assembles several million lens assemblies annually from glass blanks, injection molded lenses and components.
- Performed a complete material workflow study with a 60,000-sq. ft. warehouse layout design to minimize floor space requirements, material handling costs and inventory carrying costs.
- Provided spreadsheet models for re-calculating reorder-point levels and inventory turns to minimize inventory-carrying costs of different product forecasts.
- Generated six (6) equipment cost justifications to support recommendations.